Casali Maniago is located in Buttrio, 100 km east of Venice and 90 km south of the border with Austria, in the ‘Fruili Colli Orientali’ d.o.c. district, precisely in a hilly area dedicated to the production of wine in which vineyards are the predominant feature of the landscape. The family estate extends across 110 hectares of vineyards. On 15th February 1585, the noble family d’Attimis-Maniago received the Buttrio company as dowry for a marriage. In the words of the current owner, Count Alberto: “Our relationship with the vine and the vineyard is a family union which has lasted over 400 years“. The first bottles of Conte d’Attimis-Maniago appear in 1930, a pioneering initiative in the Friuli region.